This is to announce to the general public that there in a Vacancy in Lagos at Youth Empowerment and Development Initiative
|Job Title||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR|
|Organisation||Youth Empowerment and Development Initiative|
|Experience||8 – 10 years|
|Minimum Qualification||University Degree B.SC or B.A|
|Application Closes||Monday, 10 April 2017|
Currently YEDI has a principal program and partner called GrassrootSoccer. The model originates from South Africa and has been implemented in more than 18 Countries on the African continent since its creation in 2001. GrassrootSoccer is a sports for development program that uses football as a vehicle to raise HIV/AIDS and malaria awareness towards children and youth and provide them with life and coping skills. It was introduced in Nigeria end of 2011 with very good uptake and success and has since expanded to implementation in more than 200 schools benefiting more than 100,000 children and youth to date
About the positionYEDI is currently accepting applications from experienced and enthusiastic professionals able to successfully lead and manage the organization to the next level. The individual must be passionate about youth empowerment and health awareness while fully embracing the challenges of working in dynamic and creative environment with lots of opportunities and tractions.
The Executive Director will report to the Founder. S/He is responsible for providing leadership to all aspect of the organization and motivation for all involved in our programs– from the youth volunteer to the program executive. His/her primary objective is ensuring that all activities are effectively and efficiently implemented as outlined in strategic plans and communicated to donors and partners.
The ideal candidate should be able to both think broadly and strategically about our work, be detail oriented and organized about the implementation and structures necessary to move our vision into reality.
The Executive Director will be charged with the day-to-day management of the organization and must have the proven ability to juggle many balls in the air at the same time without losing focus.
Key Tasks and Main ResponsibilitiesThe Executive Director will have the overall responsibility for the development, growth and execution of YEDI’s programs and portfolio in Nigeria. The portfolio currently consists of the GrassrootSoccer program, the Urban Achievers program, HIV/AIDS workplace program with the private sector and Hello Lagos Youth Friendly Centers funded UNFPA. However, a number of additional projects are in the pipeline and the employee will be expected to help bring these to fruition.
The Executive Director is expected to provide leadership to all aspects of the organizations work notably the ones indicated below. The list is not exhaustive and changes and revisions may occur.
Strategy development, planning and execution:
- Develop and execute a mid- and long term strategy with other senior management colleagues that aim to sustain and grow the organization.
- Help define and refine project goals and deliverables in collaboration with program staff and stakeholders.
Representation and Business Development:
- Develop and strengthen existing partner and stakeholder relations notably with funders and State Government Authorities.
- Identify and develop a range of new relations notably with private sector in Nigeria and with development agency partners and strategic NGOs and organizations.
- Collaborate with the partnership officer to lead and support presentations or proposals to donors, formulation of strategic approaches to private sector partners and lead follow up and negotiations.
Assets and Finance:
- Ensure that all assets, human and financial resources are used in a reasonable manner that ensures effective execution of YEDI programs.
- Work closely with the finance department to ensure that expenditure follow the budgets approved.
Program Team Coordination:
- Ensure that work plans are in place for all program staff and that they are revised frequently to ensure they meet donor and partner objectives and outputs. Lead, coach, mentor and motivate the team of program staff and volunteers (Urban Achievers).
- Ensure daily and weekly meetings are held with program staff and that supervision is conducted to ensure quality and follow through.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Oversee the further development and improvement of Monitoring and Evaluation systems and tools for YEDI programs, notably oversee the work and quality of work of the M&E officer.
- Ensure solid M&E measures are in placefor all programs executed, that all program staff are trained in and capture data and information for MGE purposes and make revisions to M&:E systems as and when needed.
- Reporting and Communication: Provide leadership to YEDI reporting and communication efforts notably as they relate to donors, partners and client contracts.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive communication and positioning strategy and help formulate promotional materials, website input, newsletters and articles.
- Organize weekly communication meetings internally and as needed externally wtth representatives of external communication partners e.g. Grassrootsoccer in the US or South Africa.
- Master’s Degree and 8-10 years of work experience in a management role with staff supervisory responsibilities.
- Prior experience with social or human development work
- Motivated and passionate about the vision, mission and values of YEDI.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- High level of strategic understanding of program design, implementation and monitoring
- Exceptional written, oral, presentation and persuasive skills
- Personal integrity and credibility
- Strong and co-operative team player
- Ability to build networks and create connections
- Prior working experience in public or private schools or education sector in Nigeria a strong advantage
- Experience with GrassrootSoccer program, sports/soccer clubs and/or volunteering an asset
- Proven ability to prioritize and highly organized
Remuneration will be based on candidate’s qualifications and documented salary history.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified? Go to Youth Empowerment and Development Initiative website on www.yedi.ng to apply.
What’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, twitter or Google+share button below.
We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
=> FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
=> CHAT WITH OUR REPRESENTATIVE RIGHT NOW OR CHAT HERE.
=> CALL FOR INQUIRIES
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.