The Research Training Group (RTG), comprising the historical disciplines of Ancient, Medieval, Early Modern, Modern and Contemporary, Eastern European and Eastern Asian History and the disciplines of Sociology, Political Science, Romance Studies and English Literary Studies as well as (via the EUCOR network) Islamic Studies, investigates imperial transformations leading up to the emergence of post-imperial orders with a focus on the effects, adaptations and medial reflections of imperial temporal orders.
The RTG is committed to support gender, ethnic and cultural diversity and strongly encourages international applicants.
Application Deadline: 7th July 2021
Eligible Countries: International
Number of Awards: 4
Value of Award:
- a structured study program that supports individual research and prepares doctoral candidates for an academic career and other related professional fields
- intensive professional and interdisciplinary exchange
- opportunities for international academic networking and career advancement
- continuous supervision by two professorial members of the RTG
- funding for up to six months abroad at a research institute (https://www.grk2571.uni-freiburg.de/partners) cooperating with our program, as well as travel costs for attending conferences in Germany and abroad
Duration of Award: 3 years
- excellent Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a field of study relevant to the Research Training Group
- willingness to complete a dissertation on a topic that is applicable to the research focus of the Research Training Group
- members are required to participate in the structured study program and in the events and activities of the Research Group
How to Apply: Please submit the following documents (in English or German):
- letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
- copy(s) of the university certificate(s) including a transcript of records
- outline of the proposed research project (7-10 pages) including an abstract describing the topic (1 page), working title, state of the art, main research questions, theoretical approaches and methodology, and a time schedule
- names of two academic referees whom we may contact regarding the scientific qualification, personal suitability, and quality of the application and the project
Please send your application including supporting documents mentioned above citing the reference number 00001586, by 07.07.2021 at the latest. Please send your application to the following address in written or electronic form:
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg i. Br.
GRK 2571 „Imperien“
Platz der Universität 3 (Poststelle im Kollegiengebäude III)
We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
=> FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
=> CHAT WITH OUR REPRESENTATIVE RIGHT NOW OR CHAT HERE.
=> CALL FOR INQUIRIES
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.