- 1 Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme: Brief Description
- 2 Host Institution of the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
- 3 Level/Field of Study of the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
- 4 Number of Awards
- 5 Fellowship Value/Inclusions/Duration
- 6 Eligibility of the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
- 7 Selection Panel
- 8 Selection Criteria
- 9 The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Application Process
- 10 Important Information about this Unique PhD Fellowship Scheme
- 11 DONT MISS THIS
Are you aware of Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2021? If you are from Hong Kong, please listen. There is a wonderful opportunity for you and it is the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme. It will interest you to know that it aims to attract the best and brightest students. However, the applicants are to pursue their research degree programs in Hong Kong’s institutions.
In this article, you shall learn more about this scheme. Also, you shall be guided on how/where to apply. Thus, pay attention as read through.
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme: Brief Description
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPF) was established in 2009. And it was established by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC). Also, this scheme aims to attract outstanding students in the world.
However, the applicants are to pursue their Ph.D. degree programs in Hong Kong’s institutions.
Furthermore, please note. The RGC is a non-statutory advisory body. And it was established under the aegis of the University Grants Committee (UGC). However, for details of its terms of reference, CLICK HERE.
Host Institution of the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
The HKPF host institutions are:
- The City University of Hong Kong.
- Also, Hong Kong Baptist University.
- Lingnan University.
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Additionally, the Education University of Hong Kong.
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- The University of Hong Kong.
Level/Field of Study of the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
This scheme covers eligible Ph.D. Programs offered by participating institutions. However, for details of Ph.D. programs offered by individual institutions, please refer to the institutions’ links above.
Number of Awards
About 250 Ph.D. Fellowships will be awarded. And this is in the 2020/21 academic year.
The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$309,600. This is approximately US$39,700. Also, it covers a conference and research-related travel allowance. And this is worth HK$12,900 (approximately US$1,700).
Also, the awards are per year. And they run for each awardee for a period of up to three years. However, awardees who need more than three years to complete the Ph.D. degree should note.
Additional support may be provided by the chosen universities. However, for details, please contact the universities concerned directly. Universities in Hong Kong normally start their academic year in September.
Eligibility of the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
To be eligible, please note:
- You must be seeking admission as a new full-time Ph.D. student. And this is in UGC-funded institutions of Hong Kong. Also, it is irrespective of your country of origin. And can be prior to work experience and ethnic background.
- Also, the applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities.
- Additionally, the applicants should have good academic performance.
- Also, the applicants must have research ability/potential.
- Furthermore, applicants must have communication and interpersonal skills.
- Also, applicants must have leadership abilities.
Shortlisted applications, subject to their areas of studies, will be reviewed by one of the following two Selection Panels comprising experts in the relevant board areas:
- Sciences, Medicine, Engineering and Technology
- Humanities, Social Sciences, and Business Studies
While candidates’ academic excellence is of primary consideration, the Selection Panels will take into account factors as follows:
- Academic excellence;
- Research ability and potential;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities.
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Application Process
Eligible candidates should first make an initial application online. And this can be done through the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES).
Also, it is to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number. And it is before submitting applications for Ph.D. admission to their desired universities. However, it is important to read the how to apply page for detailed information.
Also, you can visit the official website. Again, you can visit the specific websites of the participating institutions. However, the official scholarship Website is http://cerg1.ugc.edu.hk/hkpfs/index.html
Important Information about this Unique PhD Fellowship Scheme
The applicants may choose up to two programs. Also, the applicants may choose up to two departments. And this is at one or two universities for Ph.D. study under HKPFS 2020/21.
However, they should comply with the admission requirements of their selected universities and programs. The deadlines for applications to some of the universities may immediately follow that of the Initial Application.
Thus, candidates should submit initial applications as early as possible. This is to ensure that they have sufficient time to submit applications to universities.
We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
=> FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
=> CHAT WITH OUR REPRESENTATIVE RIGHT NOW OR CHAT HERE.
=> CALL FOR INQUIRIES
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at email@example.com to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.