Jamb has started Giving Admission on Jamb Caps Portal. Check And Accept 2021 Jamb UTME And Direct Entry Admission Status. How to Accept or Reject Jamb Caps Admission and Frequently Asked Jamb CAPS Questions.
If you’ve been offered admission into any higher institution, there is a way to check that on the JAMB portal and on your school portal. This post gives you step by step guide to do that.
To Check Jamb Caps Admission Status, Visit Jamb Portal www.Jamb.gov.ng and locate CAPS Menu, enter your Jamb Profile Login to access Jamb Admission, Status Page. Read More for Step by Step guide to check Jamb Caps Admission in 2021.
Starting from the last two years all schools were instructed by JAMB to upload their admission list on the JAMB CAPS portal before uploading it on the school’s website.
How to Check JAMB Admission Status
90% of admission seekers will know their admission fates directly on the JAMB portal before their proposed schools upload the same to their portal. This is because JAMB is equally in charge of admission now as schools.
In case you don’t have an account with JAMB you will have to create one to check your admission status.
If you already have a JAMB profile, jump to the five (5) simple steps outlined below on how to check your admission status on the JAMB Admission List portal:
- Go to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) E-facility portal – portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility.
- Log in to your Jamb profile with your username and password.
- After a successful login, scroll down, then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
- Select your Exam year and supply your registration number in the required columns.
- Finally, click on the ‘Check Admission Status‘ button to access your JAMB admission status.
Access My CAPS
This Option is to access CAPS for Admission status and other related services.
With Access My CAPS, you will see your Jamb Reg. Number, Institution, Course, UTME Subject Combination, Congratulations you have been offered Admission (if admitted) and choose to either accept or reject the admission.
Checking Admission on the School Portal
Whether you’ve been offered admission on the JAMB CAPS or not, there’s still the need to check the school admission portal. It’s possible for a school to offer you admission long before JAMB does the same.
It’s also possible for JAMB to have offered you admission before school. To check your admission status on the school portal, follow the steps below.
- Regularly check for lists to uploaded on the school website homepage. Some schools will just release the lists of candidates offered admissions right on the websites. This is common to the likes of Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ogun State Polytechnic, College of Education Ila-Orang-un, Adeyemi College of Education, etc.
- However, some schools will only show your admission status right on the individual student’s post-UTME portal. In this case, candidates are to log in to their post UTME/admission portal used when applying – with their login details.
- Usually, there will be a link to check the admissions status on the portal. This is common to the likes of LAUTECH, OAU, FUTA, UNILAG, UNIBEN, UNILORIN, Federal Poly Ede, etc.
How To Accept Admission On Jamb Portal
Access Jamb CAPS, See your Admission profile, Jamb Reg, Institution, Course, and UTME Subject combination, you will see Admission Status.
Under CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED ADMISSION, Accept and Reject button will appear.
To accept your admission on the Jamb Caps portal, simply click on the accept button. You will see something like, “caps.jamb.gov.ng says, Are you sure you want to accept this admission offer? Then click on okay. You have successfully accepted your admission to Jamb Caps.
After accepting your admission offer, make sure to exit or refresh the page so that you are not asked to accept admission again even when you have already accepted.
Next Step for Candidates Admitted on JAMB Portal
Successfully admitted candidates are advised to:
- Login to their JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) and ACCEPT or REJECT their admission.
- Print their JAMB admission letter after accepting the admission. This will be needed during clearance and registration.
- Print their original JAMB result slip (this comes with passport photography affixed to it).
- Apply for a change of course on the JAMB Portal in case they are offered courses different from the ones they initially applied for.
JAMB Admission Status Messages on JAMB CAPS Portal
If your Admission Status on the CAPS Portal reads “NOT ADMITTED”, it could be that your school of choice is yet to send the proposed list of admitted candidates to JAMB.
However, if your school of choice has released its admission list and your admission status on CAPS Portal still shows “NOT ADMITTED” then it simply means that you have not been considered for admission to that school.
For those that their Admission Status reads “RECOMMENDED”, the possible meaning to that is through your school of choice has considered you for admission, JAMB is still reviewing your admission to ensure it complies with all the necessary criteria put in place by your school of choice and JAMB.
On the other hand, if you see “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS…” it is likely that you have met the requirements to be admitted in your school of choice but not yet considered for admission due to issues like admission quota, ELDS, Male to female ratio, etc. This means you may have a chance of being admitted if some other candidates that were offered admission in the school decide to reject the admission.
So if you are yet to be admitted, the best you can do is keep checking back on the portal and hope your admission status changes.
About JAMB CAPS
The JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is an admission processing system that is geared towards ensuring quality control, transparency, and credibility of the admission process. JAMB CAPS makes provision for a “marketplace” in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and “request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.”
If you are offered admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, you can choose to accept or reject the admission.
We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
=> FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
=> CHAT WITH OUR REPRESENTATIVE RIGHT NOW OR CHAT HERE.
=> CALL FOR INQUIRIES
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at email@example.com to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.